Poems, pictures and rants. What more is there to life?

Monday 28 March 2011

Bear

My hamster, Bear, has just passed away after 2 1/2 years of her being my tiny joy. I wrote a poem to mark it.

Bear.

Racking my ribs the silence of the room
We stand in
You curled in a ball in my hands
Unmoving
Eyes closed gently shut as if you have been sung a lullaby

Pink paws curled as close to your body as I have ever seen them
A vision of innocence
As I stand in solitude
A black bundle of grief cupped in my shaking hand
My shaking eyes
My shaking ribs

I stare at you in disbelief
Wake up wake up
My mind screams
You're not gone
Not yet
Stay with me, watch me as I grow
As I watched you

Now I pack your box with tissue
Lay you gently in
My eyes they close as I whisper a last goodbye
Closing the lid, mascara tear marks loss

Bundle of joy
Bundle of love
Bundle of sadness
Bundle of grief
My bundle of grief

No comments:

Post a Comment