Poems, pictures and rants. What more is there to life?

Tuesday 25 May 2010

Titanic

Havent updated in a while, have I? Well I watched Titanic with my sister the other day and I never realised before how emotionally and graphically riveting it is. I wrote a poem about it going down.

Children weep and hearts they shatter
As the ear-clattering chitter-chatter
Turns to screams, then to wails
Water spills from pure gold pails

Lifejackets on, lifejackets on!
One sound ululates through the throng
Of women, children, greedy men
Saving their lives to get home again

The bows they groan, the lights they flicker
More wails sound as the cold sea does glimmer
Cold, inviting, enticing you in
Away from the continous din

And still more screams, still more clatter
As the great windows of Titanic shatter
Water, water!
The grown men cry
The youngest waving their last goodbye

The ship she snaps
Snaps into two
Grabbing, grabbing
Save me!
No, I cant save you

Push, push
Get off, get out!
Some jump off, dizzy with doubt
Unsinkable, unsinkable!
Thats what the papers said
One man cries out
As the sea takes him
Dead



<3Meg~

2 comments:

  1. I like your poems a lot! I was just reading through some of them.

    And Titanic is soooooo sad. I always have tears welling up in my eyes when I watch it, LOL, but I do my best to hold them back! D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :D

    I know, right? Its terrible - what makes it worse is that it actually happened D:
    <3

    ReplyDelete